Saturday, May 21, 2011

Carl Edwards wins All-Star Race

Carl Edwards claimed the $1 million Saturday night with a perfect run in the Sprint All-Star Race. Edwards won three of the four segments in the 100-lap race, but still had one last pit stop and a 10-lap sprint to the finish before he could claim his first All-Star victory. Edwards finished second, followed by Busch, Kasey Kahne and Stewart.

“That’s a million dollars. We just won a million dollars, I feel so bad about tearing up the car. But I’m sure Bob’s got a better one” said Carl Edwards. Greg Biffle was fifth, Matt Kenseth was sixth and RFR teammate David Ragan was eighth to put all four of the team’s car inside the top eight. Ragan won the Sprint Showdown qualifier earlier Saturday to earn his spot in the field.

“I want to thank not only my fans but all the fans who voted,” Earnhardt said. “I knew my fans were working really hard.”

Carl Michael Edwards, II is an American NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and Nationwide Series driver for Roush Fenway Racing. In the Sprint Cup Series, Edwards drives the #99 Aflac/Subway/Scotts/Miracle-Gro/Kellogg's Ford Fusion and the #60 Fastenal Ford Mustang in the Nationwide Series.